Journal History

Archives of Mechanics (formerly Archiwum Mechaniki Stosowanej) is a refereed international journal founded in 1949 by M.T. Huber, W. Nowacki, W. Olszak and W. Wierzbicki - a group of renowned Polish scientists in the fields of mechanics of solids and structures, and foundations of mechanics of continuous media. The journal is edited and published by the Institute of Fundamental Technological Research (IPPT) of the Polish Academy of Sciences.